Hail, intrepid homeowner! Welcome to our Get Ready to Renovate series. This post is the first of four, so be sure to check back for the next installment!
To start, let’s examine a major myth of the home renovation process … namely, that it’s pure drudgery. This pervasive assumption stops many in their tracks. But we’ve guided homeowners through the process enough to know this: a little preparation and a playful spirit can go a long way.
In fact, that’s where the name Houseplay came from – a desire to debunk that old assumption and replace it with something better!
To be sure, change doesn’t always come easily, and renovations are, by nature, disruptive. But if you’re ready to begin a new chapter in your life and prepared to manage expectations along the way, a home renovation can be an opportunity.
An opportunity to …
- Be creative: choose colors, appliances, and designs that really suit your style
- Enjoy the process of transformation: add new life to your space and be happier at home
- Take a chance on a dream: stop settling for less and create the home you’ve always wanted
- Know yourself: create a more functional space that serves your family’s specific needs
As such, we’re thrilled for you – embarking on a home renovation is an exciting time. And we want to give you the tools and tips you need to make it the smoothest possible process.
In this post series, we’ll cover:
- Your renovation priorities: what does your particular space really need? What items should you be sure to include, and where can you skip and save?
- Your timeline for getting started: what’s a realistic timetable for your renovation, given the scope of work you want done? And what’s the best way to plan ahead and prepare?
- Your choice of contractor: what matters most? How do you know whether or not you’ve found a reputable, skilled service provider? We’ll include specific items to research and questions to ask yourself, too.
Stay tuned for our next post, where we’ll share ideas about how to prioritize your home renovations!
Disclaimer: Although we have made every effort to ensure that the information in this post is correct, we do not assume and hereby disclaim any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions result from negligence, accident, or any other cause.